Our team of experienced clinicians are here to support you with making decisions around the best method of contraception for you. It is important that you use a method of contraception if you do not wish to become pregnant. If you want to learn more about contraception, please talk with a member of the team or visit the Sexwise website.
There are many types of contraception available, and none are perfect. The Contraception Choices website provides honest information to help weigh up the pros and cons. Please find more information at their website here: Contraception Choices
We have partnered with local GP practices to provide contraceptive services across Doncaster. Your GP will be able to start, change or continue you on some of the more common types of contraceptive methods including various types of pill and injectable contraception. Many will be able to provide coils and implants within the practice.
A list of GPs who can provide Fit and Forget Contraception including Implants and Coils can be found here:
- Mexborough Health Centre, Adwick Road, S64 0BY – 01709 590590
- The Edlington Practice, The Martinwells Centre, Thompson Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1JD – 01709 915760
- The Nayar Practice, The Martinwells Centre, Thompson Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1JD – 01709 915780
- The Oakwood Surgery, Masham Road, Cantley, DN4 6BU – 01302 537611
- Thorne Moor Medical Practice, The Vermuyden Centre, Fieldside, DN8 4BQ – 01405 631271
- Thorne Moor Medical Practice, The Orchard Centre – 01405 631271
- Don Valley Healthcare Bentley Surgery, 128 Hugh Street, Bentley, Doncaster, DN5 0AT – 01302 874551
- Sandringham Road Practice, Sandringham Road, DN2 5JH – 01302 986110
- St Vincent Medical Centre, 77 Thorne Road, DN1 2ET – 01302 361318
- The Armthorpe Practice, DN3 2DB – 01302 986110
- The Auckley Practice, 41 Ellers Lane, DN9 3HT – 01302 770327
- The Burns Practice, 4 Albion Place, DN1 2EG – 01302 810888
- The Burns Practice, Cantley Surgery, DN4 6NJ – 01302 810888
- The Rossington Practice, Grange Lane, DN11 0LP – 01302 868421
- The Scott Practice, Greenfield Lane, Balby, DN4 0TG – 01302 850546
- Don Valley Healthcare, Amersall Road, Scawthorpe, Doncaster, DN5 9PQ – 01302 780704
- Don Valley Healthcare, Newtone Lane, Sprotbrough, Sprotbrough, Doncaster, DN5 8DA – 01302 787112
If your GP is unable to fit a coil or implant they may refer you to another local GP practice or to our clinic in central Doncaster.
You may also self-refer to our clinic team for coils and implants by calling reception on: 01302 272165 or 0800 246 5390 but please try your GP first.
Please note: Sexual Health Services 4 Doncaster are not commissioned to offer appointments to people who require a coil fit for non-contraceptive reasons. For example, if you need a coil fitting for heavy periods or HRT and you or your partner has had a sterilization/ vasectomy procedure in the past, we will be unable to provide this. Please contact your GP to arrange the fitting elsewhere.
Emergency contraception is commonly referred to as “The morning after pill” or “EHC.” If you have had sex without using contraception, or think your contraception might have failed, you can use emergency contraception. You should access emergency contraception as soon as possible.
Call the service on 08002465390 for emergency contraception
If you need emergency contraception, it is available from most pharmacies, GP Practices and the Sexual Health Clinic.
We have partnered with these Community Pharmacies to provide Emergency Contraception free of charge:
- Weldricks Pharmacy, 14 High Street,DN6 8DP – 01302 369121
- Chestnut Avenue, Carcroft, DN6 8AG
- Sharps Pharmacy, DN5 0AP
- McGill Pharmacy, Dunsville, DN7 4BX
Other Community Pharmacies will be able to provide EHC, but there will be a cost for the prescription.
EHC can be taken 72 hours (Levonelle) or 120 hours (ellaOne) after unprotected sex. If you have exceed this time period, please contact the clinic to discuss other options.
Emergency contraception should not be used as a regular method of contraception.